Monday, March 27, 2023

Generation X

I recently read an article about Cracker Barrel and Walmart closing some of their stores in Portland, Oregon. Several articles stated it was due to the pandemic, crime, and staffing issues.

These businesses are an everyday staple around the United States. What is the future of retail trade in general? These two companies are popular and employ thousands across the United States. But it doesn't stop here. Other business industries are struggling with the same issues.  

I have stated in past blog posts that the pandemic has changed how business is conducted. And crime is clearly continuing to go up. And the economy is in a downward spiral. The sad thing is we cannot do anything about it. This is a generation issue. Those in the 20 to 40 age range are the keys to turning this around. And I don't believe this generation is prepared to take on these responsibilities. Sure, there are a few who will strive to be successful. My concern is this generation will be the future leaders of businesses and government. And this will directly affect the baby boomer generation, which includes me. They will be affected by the decisions made by the younger generation.

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I hope things will get better somehow.


Photo - pixabay - Mimirebelle

 

No comments: