Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Suitcase Photos

I went to the flea market the other day and while browsing the various vendors I noticed a suitcase full of photos of people. These were not famous people, just average folks. Most of the pictures were taken 50 or 60 years ago.  As I flipped through them, I wondered about who they were and if those in the pictures still had relatives around. I know when I come across my own black and white pictures, I realize these are my one and only pictures of the past. Unlike today where pictures are stored on some device or on the internet. I also wondered if some of my own pictures will end up in a similar suitcase at a flea market. It is sad to think that those pictures had a story behind them, but because they have been separated the story will never be told.  

No comments: